We look forward to seeing you at the Hall!
What should I wear?
Whether it's Birkenstocks or a ball gown, please wear whatever makes you feel comfortable.
When should I arrive?
- In general, plan to arrive 20 to 30 minutes before the concert is scheduled to begin.
- Patrons obtaining tickets at Will Call are advised to arrive at least 30 minutes early.
What if I arrive late?
Ticketholders who arrive after the concert begins will be seated in the auditorium only during appropriate pauses in the music. A video monitor in the Samuel & Althea Stroum Grand Lobby allows late patrons to hear and see the action on stage while waiting for late seating opportunities.
May I bring my children?
Children 5 years of age and older are welcome at all performances with a purchased ticket. Children of all ages are welcome at Tiny Tots and Symphony Kids concerts with a purchased ticket.
May I bring my large bag or backpack?
Large bags, backpacks and knapsacks are not allowed in the auditorium. These items may be left at the complimentary coat check in The Boeing Company Gallery.
May I take pictures or record the concert?
The use of still, video and digital cameras or audio recording equipment is strictly prohibited at all times.
When do I applaud?
You'll notice in your program book that many musical works have multiple movements or sections. While a short pause often follows each movement, it is customary to refrain from applauding during these pauses. After the final movement of a work, the conductor will turn around, a sure sign that it's time to applaud. If all else fails, you can always wait for the rest of the audience to begin clapping.
Can I buy food or drinks at the performance?
There are a variety of dining options at Benaroya Hall. Learn more about your options here.
How long is a typical performance?
Most performances run about two hours, including one 20-minute intermission. Most Seattle Symphony family concerts last one hour or less with no intermission.
How can I learn more about Benaroya Hall and the Seattle Symphony?
- Connect with Benaroya Hall on Facebook and Twitter to learn about the various concerts and events happening around the Hall.
- Connect with the Seattle Symphony on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter to learn about Seattle Symphony presentations.
- Sign up to receive email notifications about concerts and events happening at Benaroya Hall.
Take a tour of Benaroya Hall and learn in-depth about the building’s history.